The Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is:
- situated in the Irish Sea, almost equidistant from Ireland and the UK.
- a self-governing British Crown dependency with c83,000 residents..
- not part of the United Kingdom but Her Majesty the Queen is the Head of State and holds the title of Lord of Mann.
- democratically ruled by a 1,000 year old Parliament called Tynwald which makes its own laws and oversees all internal administration, fiscal and social policies.
- a special relationship with the EU under protocol 3 of the UK’s Treaty of Accession which guarantees the free movement of agricultural and manufactured goods between the Isle of Man and the EU.
- a tax neutral base operating a 0% rate of corporate taxation and no capital gains or inheritance taxes which provides a significantly beneficial taxation platform for international businesses and investors.
- internationally recognised for its first rate regulation, which is corroborated by the IMF Report and inclusion on the OECD and G20 ‘white lists’.
- an international finance centre with modern and flexible company legislation suited to today’s fast moving corporate market.
- a jurisdiction with a well established, cost competitive, financial services sector including high quality intendant legal, accountancy and corporate services with proven space industry expertise.
- an ideal jurisdiction for AIM, PLUS Market or FTSE stock market listing already being the preferred base for international companies listing on AIM…